Winter is chilly and pleasant for all of us. These days the markets are full of cute clothes for our kids that are perfect for winters. We mom spend our all energy in making our babies look cute but while doing so we need to ensure that they wear the clothes as per the chill weather so that we could protect our kids from falling sick in winters. The right winter clothes are stylish as well as they keep our babies warm so before you go out keep winter clothing checklist for toddlers handy so that you buy all the stuff that is necessary.
I am in no way a fashion professional, but as a mother, I do know about dressing our babies. Sometimes we go over the top, but we have to dress them according to the temperature. So lets see what all we should have in winter clothing checklist for toddlers.
Toddles behave very fussily in most cases, and it takes us a lot of time to dress them. As they are going all over the place, we want something that would keep them warm. Do not buy things that are very warm as it would be uncomfortable for them. Rather than dressing them up in a very warm piece, try to layer pieces as they are easy to remove. Let us see some essentials that would help your toddler boy or girl keep warm.
Essential Winter Clothing Checklist For Toddlers
- Hats or Caps are very essential for our toddlers. Toddler fall/winter wardrobe is incomplete without them. The harsh winter winds can often make them sick if their heads aren’t covered. Hoodies may cover their head, but I always make sure an extra protection of caps is there.
Caps fit snugly and make sure that the winds cannot get to their head. There are an array of colors and varieties that you can choose from when it comes to caps and hats. Boys would love something to do with animals or superhero for their caps.
- Socks are also needed, and it is better if they aren’t very heavy. Socks will protect the cold feet and would prevent them from getting dry. You have to make sure that the socks are bright and of good quality.My children tend to lose their socks like crazy. So before winter comes, I like to stock up on several socks. I try to find socks that are fun and colorful so that they go well with the outfits. Also white is a must have classy color.
- Warm T-Shirts are must have in winter clothing checklist for toddlers. Your would need several long-sleeved T-shirts during the winter as they are light and protect them. Long sleeves help them give a little warmth and can be used from the beginning of winter.They are also great for layering under clothes.They should be purchased the most because of their efficiency. You can even layer them up to increase the warmth of your toddles during initial days of winter. When i started preschool preparation for my toddler, i collected few cotton full sleeves t-shirts to be layered inside as my son never liked thermals.
- Woollen Clothing is a must-have for a winter outfit. They are cozy, and they are able to keep the toddlers warm for a long time. Try to find something that wouldn’t itch your toddler. I like flat knit sweaters the best as they are smooth and lightweight. Go for fun colors for your children as winter is dull in weather. I tend to buy bulky sweaters as well. You can also add them while making your toddler wardrobe checklist.
- Jackets and Hoodies look cool on the kids, and they have the extra protection. They are best to keep your kids warm if your city tends to be chilly. They are great when you are outside for a prolonged time. The zip allows you to open it easily if they have soiled it or need a change for some reason.
- Warm Full Pants should also be in their wardrobe during the winter. The pants help in keeping their legs warm. It is best to choose snug pants as they give protection the most. You can easily find them in all sizes and colors. Just like the T-shirts, you will need several of these to last you through the winters. I keep some pants which have fur inside.
- Shoes- As winters as quite harsh, it is best to go in covered shoes. Toddler wardrobe essentials include some sneakers and sports shoes as they are best for the occasion. You can go for shoes with Velcro as they are easy to take off in need.
I hope that I have been able to be clear about winter fashion to you. Toddlers can be fussy, but we can make them wear pretty cute clothes. So, this winter try to dress up your munchkins in cute winter clothes. Just make sure they are adequately covered and safe from harsh winter winds. I know your toddler will rock the clothes and have fun in the winter outings.