–Is your hair dry?
–You try to maintain but still your hair look frizzy and rough?
–Do You have itchy scalp?
–Have you tried different home remedies but they wear off very soon?
If you are having these problems, then maybe you are doing wrong things to your hair or you are washing your hair in the wrong way.
You have been doing it wrong. Learn the proper way to wash hair.
Yes! You may still not know the proper way to wash hair.
Hair is very delicate and often we forget that. It needs to be handled carefully and gently. You should know the right way to wash your hair so that you could reap the best benefit of washing your hair.
So what is the correct way to wash your hair.
Here are some steps for you to follow:
- Comb your hair before washing. Detangle any knots this will prevent hair breakage. It also helps to loosen your hair. So that you can cross down your finger more thoroughly.
- Before applying shampoo dampen your hair with lukewarm water thoroughly for about 3 to 4 minutes. It washes off any excess dirt and softens the scalp.
- Make sure you are using the right shampoo for your hair. Choose shampoo according to your hair problems. If you are facing any major problem visit dermatologist and use the shampoo recommended by her.
- Use the right amount of shampoo. Take only a dollop of shampoo. If you have long hair you many want to increase the amount to double. Take one time then add a little water and use it then if you feel you need more then take again. Do not take big amount in the beginning.
- Spread shampoo evenly – Start from the bottom and work your way to the roots. Gently apply and make a lot of foam. The foam takes away dirt from your hair.
- Now use your fingers to massage your scalp in a circular motion. Massage the neck and your hairline as well. Do not use your nails but use the tip of your finger. massage for 1-2 minutes.
- Then when you are done massaging wash your hair thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Rinse off the excess water from your hair just by squeezing them softly.
- Then take a dollop of conditioner and rub it in your palm to lather it up then start applying from the ends/tips of your hair. Then again work your way up coating the strands. Do not rub them roughly or massage conditioner onto your scalp or roots. Because it could trigger the oil glands and block the hair follicles that obstruct the growth of the hair.
- Leave it for 3-4 minutes or according to the conditioner, bottle says. Then wash off the conditioner with cold water gently. The cold water will lock the moisture of your hair.
- Then rinse off the excess water. then use a microfiber towel to slowly squeeze out water from the hair. Do not rub or comb your hair. It can break your hair and would make your hair frizzy. You can also wrap your hair with a cotton t-shirt for 10 minutes.
So here it is! The right way to wash your hair.
Some Don’ts you need to know-
- Using piping hot water
- Applying shampoo every day. If your work involves lot of dirt you may wash you hair daily but wash it with plain water.
- Switching shampoos frequently
- Using too much shampoo or conditioner
- Not using conditioner
- Rinsing hair very harshly and rubbing them roughly
So now you know the proper way to wash hair.
Use these tactics and wash your hair properly without causing any damage to your hair.