The ultimate guide to Oil Cleansing
The ultimate guide to Oil Cleansing
“Cleansing face with oil”. That may seem odd but there has been much ado over this and women from all around have been trying this method and it came out to be a success. Like you I was also eager to know more and more about Oil Cleansing.
Some say it is the simplest way to get perfect skin.
What is oil cleansing?
It is a technique that is done by using oils to cleanse, moisturize and purge the skin. It is also called OCM, a short form of oil cleansing method. It is said that by this method one can clean all her skin impurities from pores, blackheads, whiteheads, acne and others.
The main reason behind skin problems like acne is dirt, hormones, and bacteria.
As we use harsh products on our skin that strip off the natural oil, the skin works extra hard to produce more oil which leads to imbalance.
So oil is our friend, not foe.
Oil Cleansing Method
The method is really simple and needs few things. Such as, one will need essential oils, carrier oil, warm water, and a hand towel.
Carrier oil or base oil or vegetable oil is used to dilute essential oils before applying to the skin. Like Almond oil, sunflower oil, Jojoba oil, Olive oil, Coconut oil, Cocoa Butter etc.
Essential oil is a concentrated liquid containing aroma compounds that are extracted from plants. Like Lavender oil, Peppermint oil, Sandalwood oil, rosemary oil, Chamomile oil etc.
This method requires very little work.
Steps to follow:
- First, we have to wash our hands. Take two kinds of oil in your palm about 10-15 drops and rub it in between the palms to get it warm.
- Then massage it onto your face gently and in circular motions till you feel like your skin pores are open and until smooth feeling.
- In luke warm water soak your hand towel and gently wipe off the oil. Warm water helps to open up the pores and really clean your skin.
- Thus it also helps to clean all makeup from the face even waterproof makeup.
- Repeat the toweling process until your skin is oil free.
After that feel your skin, if it feels dry then apply 1 or 2 drops of the oil blend you applied earlier.
Extra tips and tricks:
- Do not use the harsh cleanser.
- Regarding the oil, blend mix 1-2 drops of essential oil for 10 drops of the carrier oil. Some may dislike too much aroma. So use it to your preference.
- Always test which carrier oil or essential oil you like or suits you.
How often should we do oil cleansing?
I think this can be a part of anyone’s daily skin care routine.
I am planning to add it to my skin care resolutions as I am very impressed by its results(shared in next para) . By this way, you can do both clean up your makeup and cleanse your skin.
But, if you do not use make-up every day then you can do it 3 to 4 times a week.
It is best to do it in the night.
My experience with Oil Cleansing-
I have become a fan of Oil Cleansing. As I have to be in the office from 9 to 5. I needed something that was not time-consuming but effective to keep my skin healthyI have started using it with Safflower Oil from Deve Herbs. This Oil is available both on First Cry and Amazon. I bought it from First Cry because of better price. http://www.firstcry.com/Deve-Herbes/Deve-Herbes-Pure-Safflower-Oil-100-ml/669328/product-detail?q=as_safflower
My Results: Results are quite visible from 3rd day. I do not have any Before After pic as of now to share but I would highly recommend you to try Oil Cleansing and share your experience.
Pros and Cons of Oil Cleansing
|Cheap, Budget friendly||May take a week or two for your skin to adjust|
|More natural method||more time-consuming than just washing your face with a cleanser|
|So simple||Have to wash the towel or washcloth after cleaning|
|Is suitable for almost any skin type|
Overall, it’s a great method. If your skin feels dry, this might be the solution for you. One can get almost perfect skin by oil cleansing.