Cars are a necessity for us these days. My husband is often on tours so i have to travel alone with my kids and most of the time the mode is car. When i had no ideas about car seat, I was always frightened when my baby used to be in the back seat. But when i got to know about Car Seats i immediately ordered one for me.
These days advanced car seats enable us the safety of our child. They also help me to drive my car alone with my baby. After being using car seats from last 2 years, I have realized that there are certain car seat safety rules we unknowingly ignore. Let see what are these car seat safety tips. This would ensure that our kids are secure and safe through the drive.
Safety rules to follow when using a car seat:
- We do not realize this, but our infants should face the rear of the car when using the car seat. This enables the safety, and this should be followed till they turn 2. Facing the rear is also a precaution for any accidents as it saves the baby from injuries.
- The straps of the seat should fit the child snugly. This will ensure less movement in the seat. The harness should also fit the child good and in the proper way. You should read the instruction manual pretty well.
- Read the manual of the car seat well and install it correctly. This is the first step when you are looking for care seat safety. Any error in installation may lead to accidents or injuries.
- As children turn 4 or weigh 40 pounds, they should start using a booster seat. The belt of the booster seat is good for the child as it fits them correctly. So, parents shouldn’t fret about getting rid of it. I will say you can use it until the child outgrows the seat.
- It is best if you call a technician to check the car seat for you once it is installed. I have done this so that I am cent percent sure about my children’s safety.
- Also look for damages on the car seat. If you see any cracks or broken things, then it is best to replace the seat. Also, purchase seats that are good for your baby.
So these were few car seat safety tips which i follow. Hope you find the tips helpful.
Connect with me on Facebook